Shop by Brand
Shop by Charger
- Choosing a laptop battery replacement? Here’s a few tips and questions to ask yourself before you choose.
- 1. Our search feature allows you to type in the model of your laptop or laptop battery and will bring up a replacement. Just type your model in the search and look for results.
- 2. Take a look at the battery capacity. Batteries are listed in milliamp hours (mAh). The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will take to drain giving you more use time. If your old battery had a mAh of 5400 mAh, if the new one is 6000 mAh, it should last a little longer with similar use. If it is 5000 mAh, it should last a little less with similar use.
- 3. Are you sure it’s your battery and not the jack? If the battery is removed, will the laptop run of the dc charger? If it does not turn on when the battery is unplugged and the laptop is plugged directly into the wall AC socket, there may be a deeper issue with the laptop that needs to be addressed.
- 4. A $12 battery you find on Amazon or Ebay is may not use a good cell (the internal technology). The cell determines the quality of the battery. Keep in mind you get what you pay for.
- How do I Prolong the Life of a Laptop Battery?
- 1. Laptop batteries do not last in extreme heat or extreme cold. Use a laptop cooling device like a laptop cooling pad. Be careful when leaving your laptop in your car in the summer time in Las Vegas. Do not leave your laptop in Antarctica.
- 2. Make sure to do a full charge on the battery when you first receive the battery. Let the battery run all the way down. Then do another full charge. Repeat this process 5-10 times as the initial charges are extremely important and will help to prolong the use times of the battery. In many cases, users will charge the battery half way and then unplug the charger to run an errand. In the battery business, we call this “opportunity charging.” This is not recommended and can result in shorten the lifespan of the battery.
- 3. Plug it in. The old adage with batteries was that you shouldn’t overcharge them as they may catch fire or explode. This is no longer true with modern battery cells. Lithium ion, the cells used in modern laptop batteries, stop charging once full capacity is reached.
- 4. Other tips to prolong including adjusting screen brightness down to save power. Although the newer LED screens use less power than traditional CCFL, adjusting brightness down helps. You can also improve use time by closing applications and programs that run in the background.
- I would like to return an item that I have ordered. How do I do that?
- 1. Our returns page is located at the following link. Please copy/paste the following link in your browser: